It's been a while since I posted on here, but I didn't want to forget this scene. I put this whole scene on hold, since my last post. Worked on a few art tests, and got into some substance materials a while back. I ended up working with a small indie team, Evil Noob, in late May, on a quick re-design on a map, for their next small browser game. I helped them out before, bug-testing their previous games, War Scrap and Dead Walk. When they asked for help on 3D, or if I knew any artists to help out on redesigning a map, I just joined it to give it a shot.
After that, I joined Airborn Studios! But! There was a catch. I was on a one-month trial period, to see if I'd be a good fit. The work was fun, I loved it :) But after the trial, they decided not to continue the gig for me :( Not in a bad way. The team was fun to work with, even though it was a brief period of time. I learned some new kinks that might actually come in handy for the jungle scene I had on hold. With that, I'm going to be back on the hunt, but if anything, I'm happy to have had the chance to work with those guys.
Now, on this scene, I felt like I was procrastinating trying to learn more about foliage. This was a slow process, but I've been slowly wrapping my head around Speed Tree. I'll eventually make a set of trees to add in the scene, grass, and a few plants. I don't know exactly what approach I'll take, either working off of an existing jungle tree and refining it, or making some from scratch. This is a new process for me, and I'll try and sink more time onto this.
For now, just thought I'd give an update on where I'm at, and where this scene is going.